Thursday, February 24, 2011

Tennis



It doesn't begin with a C/K sound, but I LOVE tennis.  Love playing and love watching.  I seem to have passed this on to No2 Boy.  He loves his football, but when he plays tennis it is on him to win or lose, he's not relying on, or letting down, other people.  I can remember when he was 2 years and 2 months old, I had a new baby and would curl up on the sofa, while he sat beside me and watched full matches of Wimbledon.  He also reminded me that he would get up and cycle to his tennis lessons where we previously lived, wind, rain or snow at the age of 6 on a Saturday morning!  It wasn't far and he has always been a very sensible child.  He now plays at least twice a week and is always asking for private lessons, he has won a doubles competition with his best friend and loves to compete.

This evening we dropped No3 Boy and his friend at Cubs and headed to the courts to play each other for the first time.  We had great fun!  He tried out his best top spins on me while I practised my best volleys on him.  We decided to play a one set match as we were limited for time and light.  It was very close, but I just managed to beat him 6-4.  We had a couple of very tense deuce points, including one match point that I lost!  He was a little annoyed but appreciated the fact that it won't be long before he thrashes me!

I'm thinking I may not be able to walk tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments, I'll do my best to get back to you!