Monday, June 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Your Majesty!

It's the end of the Long Weekend and I'm watching Heston Blumenthal putting four poor amateur chefs through the wringer on Masterchef while I type. 

It's been a wet, windy and relatively cold weekend, but we're tough Celts and it doesn't stop us!  We've done a wee bit of indoor stuff and the Wii has had a bit of a workout, but Dog and Mummy need to get out for fresh air!  We dodged the showers yesterday and had a good look around the HMAS Newcastle.


 Smallest Boy has decided he would like to join the Navy so that he can climb right to the top of the ship. 


At the end, No2 Boy was delighted to be given some pop out models to make when we got home.  We reckon he'll be an engineer or architect as he loves making/building stuff!





This morning No1 Boy had an extra piano lesson at his teachers house as he has an exam on Saturday.  It gave me half an hour to sit in the car with my crochet, listening to my cd's in peace.  How lovely!  After lunch we rugged up and took ourselves to the beach for, what turned out to be, a very windy walk! 



There was the usual jumping, digging, burying, and racing,  along with some chatting and coffee and ice creams. 

How cute are these two?



And these two?


When we got home we warmed up with hot chocolate and marshmallows - soo good! 


I had to bribe Miss M to do a bit of modelling for me, she was not in the mood and it took some persuasion to get these pics. 



I'm always surprised by how green her eyes are when the rest of us have blue/grey. 

The pattern for this beanie is in The Happy Hooker and I made it a bit smaller by using a 5mm hook.  I have been asked a couple of times to make some beanies as customers at Make Space have been requesting them.  Thankfully they are pretty quick to make - I do love my instant gratification.


And I'd better not forget my "Guardian Alien" built for me by Smallest Boy...


Back to real life in the morning!

3 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous post Sandra, filled with beautiful pics and happy tales of the family. Sounds like a really nice, albeit cold, weekend :o)
    Loving those beanies xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a fun holiday weekend! I was just about to pop a leg of lamb into the oven when the phone rang, it was the hospital asking me to work. The lamb was returned to the fridge and will be dinner tonight instead! Well done on making it out of doors between rain showers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous looking family.

    Best shot? The bottom left one of the mosaic of your daughter. Ha! Funny faces crack me up.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments, I'll do my best to get back to you!