There has been a lot of baking here recently, hungry children EVERYWHERE! Pre-school is not keen on anything wrapped and more often than not it is cheaper to whip up a couple of batches of pikelets, muffins or ANZAC biscuits anyway. I thought I would share with you our current favourite muffin recipe.
200g Self- raising flour
1/2 tsp salt
85g rolled oats
240mls natural yoghurt
1 tsp bicarb of soda
1 egg beaten
140g soft brown sugar
90ml vegetable oil
85-140g berries, choc chips, raisins etc
1. Preheat oven to 190-200c (mine tends to be even lower, you'll know you're own)
2. Sift together flour and salt in a bowl, set aside.
3. In a separate bowl stir together oats, yoghurt and bicarb. Let this stand for a minute then add beaten egg, sugar, milk and oil. Stir well.
4. Pour all wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until just combined, adding fruit or choc chips at the end. Don't over stir.
5. Spoon into prepared tins and bake for 20-25 mins.
6. If you own a large, greedy dog, DO NOT leave them out uncovered to cool...
This should make 12 standard muffins. Which in our house doesn't go far.