Sunday, January 29, 2012

End of Holidays

So we're at the end of the holidays now and we've fitted in a fair bit.  I have been unusually organised this year - all shoes and bags were bought, not today, but weeks ago!  I have this dreadful feeling that somebody will remember something they were meant to have had/done at 8am tomorrow though...

The weather turned out to be better than expected so we've had a couple of beach days, one just walking, talking and paddling and one with swimming, body boarding and rock pool hunting.  Great fun and we left just as the rain came.














 Can you see all the starfish?




High 5's starfish style!


Squirty things - if anyone knows what they are actually called, I'd love to know!


11 comments:

  1. Hi there, lovely holiday snaps! I'm not familiar with those pretty starfish but stepping on the cunjevoys were lots of fun when I was little :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice beachy pics, we are a little way off swimming in the sea around here!

    Hope the kids settle back in quickly in school and that the school run goes without any hitches, or 'oh mum, I just remembered....' tomorrow morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely to see life on the other side of the world and opposite school terms to us! It's weird to hear you're doing all the things I do in late August!The pictures are beautiful. Hope the little people enjoy being back at school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is our 4th year of it and I still can't get used to it! It makes August feel a bit aimless and it's usually a bit colder and gloomy with no Christmas to look forward to, but mustn't complain!

      Delete
  4. The squirty things are congevoi, often used as bait. They are creatures, not plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I've just looked them up on Wikipedia, very interesting!

      Delete
  5. I'm loving your pics...they are wonderful! They make me long for warmer weather and a beach vacation. Also loving reading your blog:D
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I LOVE your beach/ocean photos Sandra, just lovely. Also love those action packed (and less action packed) days by the coast. Sounds like a beautiful end to the Summer break :o) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think those are tube sponges. We get to squish them at the aquarium, but I've not seen them on our beaches.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments, I'll do my best to get back to you!