Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sandra recommends...

This is just a quick post that I have been meaning to do for ages now.

It was my Mum's birthday in May and being disorganised as usual, I didn't leave myself time to make anything myself, or get to any crafty places to find something here.  I remembered that Anne from Andamento lives very near by to my "Old Dears" and thought I would contact her to see if she could point me towards any other crafty types in the local vicinity who might have websites.  However, Anne herself is super talented and makes mirrors, suncatchers and vases from stained glass.  I asked on the off-chance if she had anything in stock and sure enough she did!  Not only that but since there is a fab play park nearby, she offered to deliver it to the door on one of her outings.  What a life saver!  Mother liked her gift so much she decided to put it in her bedroom window which over looks the water and catches the sun in the evenings.  I'm only sorry I can't be there to see it for myself.  

Another blog post that got my interest recently was this one from Lolly at This Domestic Life.  I have seen QR codes before and hadn't really seen the point of them but when I saw that you can create your own, the kids and I had great fun designing some for my brother's birthday and had them put on a mug for him (he hasn't got it yet, but I think I'm fairly safe as I doubt if he bothers to read this blog!).   We'll see which of you is technical enough to work mine out!  Since then we have noticed them all over the place.  

I think that will do for now, I'm off to bed to prepare for another week of the kids being at home.  All the fresh air and exercise is helping me to sleep well, if only I could make myself go at a sensible time!


2 comments:

  1. Hello Sandra, thank you for the mention! It was a pleasure to take the trip and I'm glad you're Mum likes it.
    I'd never heard of QR codes before so followed the link - well, you learn something new every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a result of this blog post I have now downloaded a QR reader onto my phone and your code is the first I have scanned!!!

    You are very much a leader in the savvy world of geeks!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments, I'll do my best to get back to you!