Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

This is the first year in 20 that neither of us bought cards.



I have to say that I feel that more and more of our holidays feel over the top, commercial, directed by clever marketing and far from what they originally were and feel less inclined to celebrate them.  Bah Humbug.

Then I thought of my parents who are travelling just now.  I know that wherever they have got to in the world, my Dad will have bought a card for my Mother with some lovely sentiment, but he will also have written his own poem for her, sometimes, funny, sometimes romantic but always original and heartfelt.  I hope she has kept all these cards.  

I didn't get a card or a present this year from my husband but I did have this note from my daughter on my pillow!  She was busy this morning as it is also the Dog's birthday so he got 2 cards!



I didn't get a card or present from my husband but he did come home nearly 2 hours early from work which,as far as I'm concerned, is the most romantic gesture I could have asked for!  I'm easy pleased.

(Apparently he cycled to the shops on his way home then realized he didn't have a chain to lock his bike so came home empty handed!)

When everyone had gone to bed, we did manage a cuppa and a couple of these each, grabbed at 6pm in Coles on my way between dropping off 2 boys and coming home to feed everyone else then picking back up again!



Hope you have had/are having a lovely Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments, I'll do my best to get back to you!